The beautiful village will be filled with scarecrows- visitors are promised around 100 adorning the route with creations from Boris Johnson to the Wizard of Oz … and everything in between! Thousands of visitors cast their vote to crown last year’s champion ‘The Gruffalo’- but which scarecrow will be crowned the people’s favourite this year? Everyone is welcome for one the best value family days out in the Midlands, taking place on Saturday and Sunday 24th and 25th August from 11am- 4pm. Entry and parking is £4 for adults, £3 for children. Under 5’s go free. The route is buggy and wheelchair friendly. All proceeds will be shared between local beneficiaries.
- Vote for your favourite scarecrow from 100s on show made by the crafty folk of Elford
- Children’s area including real life fire engine and play area
- Wildlife area including birds of prey
- BBQ & street vendors
- Cream teas and light refreshments served in the village hall
- Hedgehog trail for the children
- Have fun on the stalls- family favourites like inflatable football, mini golf, splat the rat, guess the weight of the sheep and many others!
Elford is located just 20 minutes from Tamworth and Lichfield. The village is remote therefore travelling to the festival by car is recommended. There is plenty of signposted parking on site. To assist our stewards and ensure the smooth running of traffic, please do not attempt to park around the village on the roadside.
- 20-minute drive from M42 junction 10 or 11
- 10-minute drive from A38 Tamworth / Alrewas exit
- Postcode for sat nav users: B79 9DB
Parking and entrance fee
Entry & parking is just £4 for adults, £3 for children in advance or £5 for adults, £4 for children on the day. Under 5’s go free. The route is buggy and wheelchair friendly. All proceeds will be shared between St Peters Church, Elford village hall and other local beneficiaries to be announced.